Community Settings >> General Settings >> Campaigns
A Campaign in IdeaScale is a category or bucket into which ideas are placed for organization. It allows members of your community to sort by idea/question subject. Use cases for Campaigns include areas of business (Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, etc...), regional offices (Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, etc...), or types of ideas (Ideas for Productivity, Ideas for Fun, Ideas for Profit).
The Campaigns show up on the right side of the portal.
1) Add Campaigns : When setting up an IdeaScale community, 3 sample Campaigns are automatically created. Through "Manage Campaigns" on the right navigation panel on homepage, the Community Administrator can easily add campaign and new campaign group.
2) Edit : Campaigns as well as their groups can be edited or delete by clicking on the respective links on the right side of the campaign name in Community settings. You can edit them even when they are active. You can use basic HTML codes within the campaign description which follows the same validation rules as Site HTML.
3) Move : To arrange the campaigns in desired order simply drag and drop them.
4) Delete : You can delete them by clicking 'Delete' link, though once deleted all the ideas or question within will be deleted as well and moved to the 'Recycle Bin' or deleted permanently as per the settings enabled by the admin in the Look & Feel section.
5) Campaign Start date & End date : Settings a start date and end date for a campaign helps in setting a time-frame for the campaign. After a Campaign concludes (post end date), they get archived and are moved to 'Archived Campaigns' by the system where they are available for viewing of community users but is closed for any activity like voting, commenting etc.
6) Instruction for Idea Submit Form : You can put an additional text like certain instructions on the top of the idea submission form using this text field.
7) IP based Access Restriction : Access restriction based on IP address can be set for a specific campaign using this section. For more details please refer to the help article : http://support.ideascale.com/customer/portal/articles/1001512
8) Campaign specific Voting and Commenting : During campaign creation or editing voting as well as commenting can be turned on and off on a campaign level.
Note: If Voting is Disabled for the entire community then it will override the setting of "Voting Allowed" for a particular campaign.
9) Private campaign : You can set a campaign as private by offering access to only selected few users. Please see the following help article for more information http://support.ideascale.com/customer/portal/articles/1001514-private-campaigns
10) Allow Users to Subscribe to this Campaign : Turning on this setting will allow the users to subscribe to any specific campaign. Upon subscribing, users will receive notifications of all the activities taking place in that campaign.
11) Disable Idea Edit by Submitter : Admin can restrict idea submitter , submitting ideas in a specific campaign from editing them while being able to edit ideas from other campaigns.
12) Anonymous Idea and Comment Submission : This feature enables the users to submit idea anonymously in the specific campaign while in rest of the community his name will still appear.
13) Member Idea Submission & Attachments : An administrator can restrict the users from submitting ideas or uploading an attachment for specific campaign.
14) Allow "private" submissions that will only be viewable to admins and moderators: This setting allows the idea author to keep the ideas as private and viewable only to administrator and moderators. There is further a option "Advanced "private" submission options" which will allow the users of the specific group to view the ideas submitted privately by the user.
For more details on Campaign V2 configuration here is an article: