What is Idea Ownership?
Idea owners are those who are assigned to manage few ideas by the community Administrator. Multiple owners can be assigned to a single idea. The assigned idea owners can only change status of the ideas to which they are assigned to but they do not have any moderation privileges in the community.
How to setup Idea Ownership Settings?
Go to Community Settings >> Workflow >> Idea Teams >>Idea Owners
Turn On "Idea Ownership" and you will be able to see the following option to choose :
1. Assign Owners From List : Turning On this option will show the list of Idea Owners to be chosen from while assigning an Idea Owner from the homepage or Idea detail page.
2. Assign Idea Author as Owner : The administrator may choose to "Assign Idea Author as Owner" automatically once the idea is submitted.
3. Multiple Ownership : Turning On this option allows the administrator to assign multiple idea owners to a single idea.
4. Display Owner on Idea Summary : Turning On this option will show the name and avatar of the Idea owner on Idea summary which visible on the Homepage.
5. Allow Idea Owners moderation rights over idea teams : Enabling this setting Idea Owners will have rights to move the idea to the next stage even before the idea teams moderate it.
6. Stages in which Idea Ownership should function: The administrator of the community can set up the moderation rights for the idea owner with two criteria one by giving access to moderate owned ideas at all stages and also moving them to any stage. The second option is to restrict the moderation by specifying the stages in which the idea owners can moderate and selecting specific stages they could move the owned ideas to.
To make it simpler for the Idea Owners to manage their assigned ideas, the Administrator may choose to turn On the "My" tab which shows the list of member's assignments. This can be done from Community Settings >> Tab Settings >> Tabs >> My Tab enable it and then click 'Save Changes'
Assign Idea Owners to Ideas
When the Idea Author is not chosen to be the default Idea Owner, the Administrators or Moderators can assign Idea Owners to an idea from the Home Page. They can see "Assign Owner" link under the description of idea.
Click on "Assign Owner" link to see the list of Idea Owners you can choose from. Select the Idea Owners and add a message if desired.
From the Home page
The assigned Idea Owners receive an email stating that he/she has been assigned as an owner of an idea. It also includes the Assignment Message.
If the Administrator has enabled this setting, the members who are assigned as idea owners will see the ideas they own under the tab "My Ideas" . The ideas can be sorted on Dates or Votes.
The Administrator may also change the Idea Owner
From the Idea Detail Page
Please Note :- The members assigned as Idea Owners automatically become the Followers of the idea, even though they have not voluntarily clicked on the "Follow" idea button.
Clicking on the "Owner Group" link on the idea detail page shows the list of selected Idea Owners and the Assignment message
Assigned Idea Owners can change idea status to the desired level as set by the administrator.
In a community where moderation is set for new ideas, the idea Owners do not have the right to change the status from "Pending Approval" as they have to wait for the Moderators Approval before the idea becomes available to them.
Please Note :- If the Idea Owner also happens to a Global moderator or a Campaign Moderator , he gets all the default Moderation rights.