Community Settings >> General Settings >> Emails and Notifications >> Idea Sharing via Email
This email tool allows you to send an idea to all the registered users in your community as well as to people who are not IdeaScale users. Thus the Administrator can use this tool to his benefit and get more people interested to participate in his community.
The users would be able to send out emails to non IdeaScale members only if the administrator has enabled the option of “Idea Sharing via Email to Any Address”.
Steps to Email an idea
1) Click on the title of the idea to be sent out. This opens the Idea Detail Page.
2) Click on the “Email” button which open a new page to fill in the details.
3) Enter the email address in the “To” box. (Use commas to separate multiple email addresses.) Or you can choose a specific group based on the answers provided by the members for the member profile question. For example the users who selected 'USA' as 'Region' would receive the idea shared email.
Help Article on Custom Fields &Member Profile Questions:
4) Click on the “BCC Me” check box if you would like a copy.
5) If required, edit the Subject and the Description.
6) Click on the “Submit” button
The administrator can also opt to disable idea email function completely. It can be done from
Community settings >> UI Customization >> Customize Site Behavior >> Idea Details Screen >> Allow to Email an idea