Community Settings >> Member Management >> Groups
Groups allows you to create a role and add a set of users to it. This role can then be used in private campaigns, Idea ownership etc.
Setting up Groups
1) Name : Specify a Name for the role you are creating.
2) Description :Describe the utility of the Role in the Description box
3) Black List : Prevent members of certain domains from being assigned to the community role by specifying these domains in the Black List box. Use commas to separate the domain names. Eg @hotmail.com, @aol.com
4) Auto-Approve List : Auto approve members of certain domain by specifying the domains in the Auto-Approve LIst. Use commas to separate the domain names. Eg. @nasa.com, @nst.com
5) Allow Group to submit Ideas : When the role is in use ,depending on the selection “Yes” or “No“ , the members assigned to this role would be permitted or restricted from submitting ideas .
6) Allow Group to submit Comments : When the role is in use, depending on the selection “Yes” or “No“ , the members assigned to this role would be permitted or restricted from submitting comments .
Both the Administrators as well as the Global Moderators can assign a member to a community role.
The Administrators can assign the Groups in two ways
A) Using Assign Members
1) Search one member or a group of members and then assigning them to a Group
-Search by Email Address : Search one member at a time .
- In Group or Not in Group : Search all the members assigned to an existing community Role. When the option “In Community Role” is selected, a drop down with the list of existing community roles is presented .The Administrator thus can search the members belonging to chosen community role and assign them to new community role .
Note :- A member may be assigned to multiple Groups
- Member Profile Question :Members can also be searched based on the Member profile questions. In the screenshot above “Function” and “Region” are member profile questions.
2) The members qualifying the searched criteria are filtered and are then Assigned or Unassigned to the Community Role.
All the members can be selected in one go by checking the small square box appearing on the left of words ”Members”. Individual members are selected by checking, the square box appearing on the left of each member’s name.
On assigning the members to a group, the name of the Group appears in front of the members name.
Note:- A banned member even though assigned to the Group will not appear in the search results of that Group
B) Auto Assign Group
When Auto Assign box is checked, all new members who Register or Join the community, and match the specifications set for being the part of community role will be assigned to that Group automatically.
Global Moderators can assign the Group from the Moderation Panel >> All Members
Assigning Groups while bulk uploading members.
Help Article on bulk import :