Community Settings >> General Settings >> Emails and Notifications >> General Email Settings
This section contains all the settings that are applicable for email notifications sent to the community members by the IdeaScale community.
1) From Email Address : By default this field contains the email address of the community owner. Another email address can be specified, but it will require setting up '3rd Party SMTP Services' with the help of their IT department to ensure delivery of emails.
If you need to ensure deliverability, you may have to make sure our domain is added to your SPF records. Please check these article regarding mail deliverability.
2) Use as Envelope Sender : Though most of the companies/organizations do use this, it is required by companies that want to manage their own SPF (Sender Policy Framework) records. More specifically it is used for DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance). This setting basically sets the return path email address.
For example : When this setting is turned off and 'From email address' is the default one (i.e. community owner's) @ideascale.com is the domain in the envelop sender (Return path : firstname.lastname@example.org). Whereas when this setting is turned ON and 'From Email address' too is specified by the administrator then the return path will be the same email address which is specified in the "From Email Address" field.
Note : Ensure the used email address is monitored since IdeaScale does not guarantee the time of delivery due to multiple factors associated with sending emails.
3) From Name : A specific name can be entered in this field instead of the default (community name) which will appear as sender in all the emails which comes from your community.
4) 3rd Party SMTP Service : Incase of customised 'From Email address' , this setting needs to be set up by switching the button to 'On'. It opens up the options to c
Please Note: Make sure all required fields like SMTP Host Server, SMTP Port, SMTP Username and the Password are specified correctly when "3rd Party SMTP Service" is enabled in your community. If these fields are left empty, it will NOT send any notification emails from IdeaScale to any user, eg: Password Reset emails, invitation emails and notifications etc.
5) Custom Email Banner : A custom email banner can be set instead of the default IdeaScale one by uploading the custom banner in Community File Library followed by its selection from the custom email banner dropdown.