Community Settings >> Customization >> Look and Feel >> Site HTML Pages
IdeaScale offers the ability for users to customize their communities look using HTML, through the following features and functions:
- Home Page
- Custom Widgets
- Custom pages and contacts.
Note: The use of this facility requires a knowledge of HTML. Otherwise we advise not to do any change in order to avoid some malfunctions in the look and feel.
The HTML code update in this section will affect the Header of the community Home page:
2. Home Page:
The HTML code update in this section will affect the part of the community as defined by the screenshot:
3. Custom Widget:
The section allows the administrator to add a custom widget in the right side of the page:
The custom widget can be added in simple steps as follows:
- Upload the image in the community file library you would like to display on the widget.
- You would now need to Edit Site HTML page>> Custom Widget and key in the HTML codes for the image you would like it to display along with a title if you desire. You could also link this widget to any of your custom pages.
For example: In the above custom widget we have used a Title along with an image which redirects you to the "How To" custom page.
Below are the explanation about the attributes used in the Site HTML Page.
- "a/pages/how-to" - This is the attribute to the custom page you would like to direct from the custom widget.
- Tips and Tricks - This is the Title or label used for the custom widget.
- <img src="/community-library/accounts/92/928941/ti_725_1413438402543f5bc206ac2.jpg" - This is the image attribute you will find in the community file library after you have uploaded the image.
- width="235" - You could also adjust the size of the image in case it is too big for the widget or you could upload an image which would be small.
Please Note: Custom widget will not be visible on mobile version or on smaller screen.
An administrator can change the default IdeaScale terms and conditions as per their requirements and has certain control over where and how this page should be displayed:
1. Link to TOS in Footer: To add the TOS link in the footer of your community.
2. Require TOS acceptance to participate: Participants can only participate in the respective community only after accepting the checkbox of "Terms Of Service". Below is an output of how it should appear on your community:
3. Hide Sidebar: Hide the sidebar.
5. Contacts and Custom Pages
The administrator can decide whether to make his.or certain contacts publics by switching "ON" the feature "Enable Contact". The contacts can be provided in a customized style in the HTML box.
b- Custom Page:
Using the link "Add" to add the page, next click on "Edit". The options to rename the page, the name in the community url and the link to be in the footer will be available. You can write your HTML code for your page and save the changes
Output in the page-
Please Note: While creating the community certain values are automatically stored in some variables called Dynamic Tags, they are used in HTML code to call automatically the values.
$r.eval(“name“) : Community Name
$r.eval(“tagline“) : Tag line
$r.eval(“skip-link“) : Skip to main Content Accessibility link
$r.eval(“welcome-title“) : Welcome Title
$r.eval(“community-logo“) : Community’s logo
The select list of template tags is available in each Look and Feel HTML form, selecting a template will append in the code.