Community Settings >> Advanced Settings >> Language Settings
Real-Time Translation gives IdeaScale admins the ability to localize user-generated content (ideas, comments etc) and notifications into multiple languages in real-time.
At time of set-up, administrator need to specify languages by clicking on those languages which their community would support. Community members will then be able to choose their preferred language in the idea submission form when they submit ideas or comment. IdeaScale support 36 languages as mentioned in the screenshot below out of which 2 are Right To Left languages.
NOTE : Selecting Right To Left languages with Left To Right languages may cause rendering issues.
- اللغة العربية (Arabic)
- Հայերեն (Armenian)
- български (Bulgarian)
- Français Canadien (Canadian French)
- Català (Catalan)
- 中国（简体） (Chinese (Simplified))
- 中國（繁體） (Chinese (Traditional))
- Hrvatski (Croatian)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Suomalainen (Finnish)
- Français (French)
- Deutsch (German)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- >עברית (Hebrew
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- Íslenska (Icelandic)
- Italiano (Italian)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- ភាសាខ្មែរ (Khmer, Cambodian)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- Lëtzebuergesch (Luxembourgish)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- Polski (Polish)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Română (Romanian)
- Русский (Russian)
- Slovenčina (Slovak)
- Slovenščina (Slovene)
- Español (Spanish)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- ไทย (Thai)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- Cymraeg (Welsh)
Community strings include any standard text which is generated by IdeaScale(including standard community text editors, tabs, standard email text, and notifications).These strings can be customized in the Languages and Strings section and administrator dashboard.
1. Translate Email Notifications - The email notifications will also be translated in the supported languages.
2. Only Display User Interface In Supported Languages - When this switch is turned On, the users who have their profile language set to unsupported languages will see the community in default language of the community.
3. Machine Translate Community and Campaign Titles & Description in Real-Time: Enabling this will have the community and campaign details machine translate automatically in real time basis.
4. Allow Admins to create campaigns, campaign groups and custom fields in all supported languages: With this switch enabled the admins of the community will have ease in creating campaigns and campaign related groups and custom field in the supported languages of the community without having to translate those later.
Real Time Translation
Ideas,Comments and Idea Custom Fields responses are automatically machine translated into community's supported languages. Admin can customize how this translated content is displayed in the community by setting the following switches.
1. Machine Translate Ideas & Comments in Real time - This switch when turned on will automatically machine translate the ideas and comments which are submitted henceforth by the members.
2. Show Translated Ideas And Comments by Default - When this switch is turned On, the ideas will be exported in the translated language i.e. default language of the community.
3. Display Unverified Translation - Turning On this switch will show the ideas and comments in the members profile language (if set as supported language by the admin) even if they are not verified by the Translation moderators.
If the community administrators would like to add an additional level of quality control to look over the automated translation, they can assign Translation Moderators to review and verify,machine translated ideas and comments,and provide translations for admin generated content such as custom field questions,community and campaign titles and descriptions from Moderation Dashboard.
To assign a community member as Translation Moderator, simply enter the email address in the 'Member Email' field and click 'Assign'.
NOTE : Translation Moderators do not have access to any Idea, comment or member moderation, they can only verify and input the translations.
The section to translate the content named 'Translation Moderation' will be visible under the dropdown of top right hand corner where the logged in moderator's name is displayed. For the Translation Moderators who are Global moderators as well, this section will be visible under Moderation Dashboard.
By clicking on 'Review' button, a new pop up will appear where the translator can make the necessary changes to the translation or verify.
Turning on Real time Translation only translate ideas which are submitted after the setup. Batch Translation tool machine translate the existing data in the supported languages by selecting each supported language as Target language. This step needs to be repeated for all the supported languages. A email is received by the Community owner once the Batch translation is complete.
Here is a gist of how the real time translation is visible to the idea submitter having his profile language set to something other than English. Along with screenshots of how it appears to standard users and translation moderators.
Idea Submitter: Profile language Spanish and this is how the idea detail page looks.
Standard user: Profile language English
Translation Moderator: Profile Language English
The standard users view: The standard user has the option to view the idea submitted in the original language by clicking on "View Original" as it automatically translates the idea submitted in other language to the user's profile language which in this case is English.
Translation Moderators view: The below screenshot describes how the idea is visible before the Review of the translation. It allows the moderator to Review Translation along with the original submission.
Translation Moderator view after the translation is verified:
Please Note: The word Unverified and Review Translation will be only visible to Translation moderators.