Export Idea data feature allows community administrator to export a complete set of Ideas data including all attachments for archival purposes. Data can be generated in Excel or XML format. Once you click on ‘Export Data’, a link to the file will be generated which can then be downloaded and at same time an automated Email with file attachment will be sent to the administrator as receipt of request performed. Also, you can access the file at a later date from Community Settings >> Reports >> Data Export Log
1) Output format: Idea data can be exported in following formats
- Microsoft Excel sheet (.xls) format
- XML (RSS 2.0)
2) Filter Data with:
- Date: You can select start date and end date to download data for a specific period of time. If this field is left blank, all idea data from beginning to current date will be exported.
- Campaign: You can select the campaign for which you wish to download the data. Selecting 'All campaigns' will export data including 'Archived Campaigns'
3) Geo Location data:
Community Administrators can Export Data with geo-location (latitude, longitude) only if "Include Geo Location" is turned 'On' .The report will then have two extra columns, latitude and longitude.
4) Fields on Exported Excel sheet:
Sheet 1: Contains Ideas data in detail with following fields
Date/Time Idea ID, Idea Number, Stage, Author, Author Email, Campaign, Campaign Group (If any), Total Votes, Vote Up, Vote Down, Comments, Idea Title, Idea detail, Tags, Idea URL, Attachment, Idea Owner, Idea Contributors, Latitude, Longitude, Team, Assessment, ReviewScale, Estimate, Pairwise, Fund, Smart Score, Refinement, Custom Fields Names and Value.
Sheet 2: This sheet contains Comments data with following fields
Date, Idea ID, Idea Number, Author, Author Email Address, Comment, Attachment if any
Sheet 3: contains Pending Ideas (similar to sheet 1 format) which are yet to be approved by moderator
Sheet 4: contains Recycle bin Ideas (similar to sheet 1 format) which are stored in recycle bin status
Sheet 5: contains Off-Topic Ideas (similar to sheet 1 format) which are marked as Off-topic by moderator