Community Settings >> Security >> Access Restriction >> Government Compliance
Section 508 Compliance
IdeaScale is completely Section 508 compliant based on WCAG v 2.0 guidelines. You can find more information on WCAG in the links mentioned below:
- WCAG 2.0 Spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/
- WCAG 2.0 Quick Reference: http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/
Steps to Enable Government Compliance
Government compliance can be enabled with the click of a single button.
Go to Community Settings >> Security >> Access Restriction >> Government Compliance.
Turning it On and saving your settings makes the community, Section 508 compliant.
What are the ramifications of turning 508 compliance ON after a community is launched?
1) It changes the way certain content is presented. For instance, when it’s on, the tags section in the right sidebar will display all tags in the same size, instead of in different sizes, from bigger to smaller.
2) It adds a css class named “sec-508” to the body tag. Through this, we were able to write specific CSS to be compliant with section 508, For instance, we make some text bigger when 508 is turned on. (edited)
3) It uses default HTML form tags instead of more fancy ones in some cases. For instance, in the advanced search form, when 508 is on, the Stage filter will be using the default SELECT tag, which is more accessible.