Path: Community Settings >>Customization >>Tags Settings >> General Tag Settings
General Tags Setting can be set on a global or campaign level.
1) Allow Tags :- The Administrator can enable this switch to allow idea tagging in the community.
2) Convert Tags to Lowercase :- When enabled, tags which are submitted in Upper Case or Sentence Case are converted in lower case.3) Maximum Number of Most Popular Tags to Display in Tag Cloud :- Allow the Administrator to control the number of popular tags that can be displayed in the Tag Cloud. By default, 50 Most Popular Tags can be displayed in the tag cloud.
Help article on Tag Cloud : https://support.ideascale.com/customer/portal/articles/1001408-tag-cloud
4) Include tags of archived campaigns :- When ON, the tags from the Archived campaigns, too are displayed in the tag cloud.
5) Predefined tags :- The Administrator defines a set of tag words. When enabled, the user can tag an idea by selecting from the existing set of tags only. For more detail, please refer this help article: https://support.ideascale.com/customer/portal/articles/1921171
6) Hybrid tags :- This setting is visible only when the Predefined tags are enabled . When ON, it allows the user to specify his own tag or to choose one from the list of Predefined tags.
7) General Tag List :- Is the list of all tags, predefined or otherwise . One can manage the tags in the community here. Add tags by clicking and typing a word in the field below, or delete a tag by clicking the 'x'.
Please Note : Deleting a tag will also delete it from any ideas in your community which already have that tag.
When tags are Allowed by the Administrator, they can be added in the following two ways :
1) While Submitting an idea.
2) From the idea detail page. : Tags can be added to an already submitted idea from the idea detail page by clicking on the button " [ Add tags ]" . Moderators would see an additional " [ Add moderator tags ] " button.
Please Note: Only dash "-" is permitted to combine multiple words into one tag word . eg .the tag word "projector-phone" in the above screenshot .