Custom Fields on Ideas : Allow administrators to collect additional information about ideas during idea submission.
Add New Custom Field on Ideas
1. Label : Enter the label name .
2. Expected Response Type :Select the desired option from the following field types :
Free Form Text :
- Single Line Text Box
- Large Text/Description
- US Zip Code
- US Zip Code >> Congressional District
- YouTube Video
- Screenr Video
- HapYak video
- Date (mm/dd/yy)
- Single Choice
- Multiple Choice
- Check box
Note: While using the field type Single Choice or Multiple Choice you can use a Separator "<<<------>>>". To add an option group, enclose the group name with "<<< ---->>> "
Below is the screenshot of Single type field with Option groups :-
3. Campaigns : This is a list of campaigns in the community wherein the administrator can select which all campaigns should be eligible for the specific Idea Custom Field.
Custom fields on ideas appear on the idea submission form and prompt idea submitters to include additional targeted information about the idea.
4. Required : When ON, the field is made mandatory for users. While submitting an ideas,the users cannot leave these fields blank.
5. Private Field : Responses of the users can be kept confidential by marking the fields as "Private" . Only Moderators can see the responses from the Moderator's dashboard or in summary view.
Note : The moderators see the words "Private" , in blue color, on all these Custom fields made Private thus making it easier to separate them from the non-private fields.
6. Moderator Field : When custom fields are marked as only Moderators of the community will be able to see and input values in the custom field. These custom fields will not be visible to normal users on the idea submission form.
7. Visible to normal members :The Admins would be able to see and enable this option only if the "Moderator Field" option is set to "ON" otherwise this option remains hidden from the Admin's view.
Enabling this option makes the custom field values / text inputted by the moderators Visible to normal members on the respective Ideas submitted by the moderator .
8.Team Only Field : When ON , only Idea Submitter, Idea Owner, Team members and moderators can input values in custom fields marked as "Team members field" and see the responses. Normal users do not see these custom field on the idea submission form nor do they see the responses of the Idea Submitter, Idea Owner, Team members and moderator
9. Editable Only By Moderators : Custom fields when marked as "Editable Only By Moderators" operate alongside "Team members fields" . When both of these are enabled , values can be inputted or edited only by the moderators however the entire team ( Idea Submitter, Idea Owner, Team members and moderators) would be able to see the custom field values
10. Visible in Summary Views : When the setting "Visible in Summary Views" is turned on all users will be able to see the custom field values on the summary view of the idea. However if the "Team members field" is enabled then only team members would be able to see the custom field values in Summary view.
Custom fields on idea appear on the right side of the idea submission form and prompt idea submitters to include additional targeted information about the idea.
"Customer- Who will use this ? :" and "Competition - Is there anything like this available ?: " are the custom fields seen in the screenshot of idea submission form.
Custom fields on Ideas can be revised/edited by the users If its his own idea. They'll have the option to edit their own idea and change the values of the custom fields. In addition, moderators can also edit these fields when they edit an idea .