Community Settings >> Member Management >> Members >> Bulk Import Members
If you've got a large volume of new members to invite to your community, it may be quicker to upload the list of member email addresses via excel.
You can also upload members silently by enabling the Disable Verification Email setting which will not send a verification email to the members at the time of the upload.
Please Note : Upload members in batches of 3000 members per file only. Adding more members in a single file will result in interrupted and incomplete process.
You can assign groups to new members or existing one (Verification email will be resent to them) while uploading itself. Turning on the switch for 'Set Group' will show a dropdown with all the groups which the admin has created. The administrator can choose a Group to which all the members from the excel file need to be assigned to.
Help Article on Groups : https://support.ideascale.com/setup/groups
We also have a setting in order to bulk upload member status and username.
Help Article for Bulk upload Members Status: http://support.ideascale.com/en/articles/682854-bulk-upload-members-status
Help Article for Bulk upload Username: https://support.ideascale.com/en/articles/3421194-bulk-upload-username
Uploading Answers to Member Profile Questions
You can upload answer "values" for member profile questions using an Excel file while you are bulk uploading members.
Using this tool, Administrators can upload new members with the accompanying answer to member profile question or add new member profile question's answers for existing members. Following conditions must be met while uploading answers to member profile questions.
1) The first column must contain an email address.
2) The first row of Excel must be a header.
3) The first header shall be labelled 'Email'. Subsequent column headers should correspond exactly to the Member Profile Question "label" or title. This is case sensitive.
4) The values listed under each header are the answers to the target member profile question for each member. These values should correspond exactly to the possible answers to the member profile question (Single Line Text Box or Single Choice). This is also case sensitive. For Checkbox, the custom fields value should be either "true" or "false".
Multiple-choice type member profile questions are not supported in bulk import member
NOTE:- HTML tags/entities in the text is not supported for eg:- bullets , smartquotes ( curly quotation marks) , & , © copyright ® registered trademark etc.
5) The member profile question can be set as "Required" or "Not Required". However if the member profile question is set as "Required" the corresponding answers should be updated on the spreadsheet to be uploaded effectively. In case member profile question is "Not Required" we may leave the particular columns blank and the upload will take place accordingly.
Excel File Format
- The file should be an .xls format only.
- If the first row is column header then please check the checkbox for 'First row is column header'.