Why am I getting the "Invalid CSRF Token"?
IdeaScale has recently updated its app to ensure that the IdeaScale Application has no CSRF vulnerabilities. For most browsers the change goes unnoticed. However, for IE (Internet Explorer) 11 and older browsers the change sometimes requires a flush of the cache to clear the issue. If you are on a browser that isn't IE please notify our support staff at [email protected]
What is CSRF?
Cross-site request forgery, also known as one-click attack or session riding and abbreviated as CSRF or XSRF, is a type of malicious exploit of a website where unauthorized commands are transmitted from a user that the web application trusts.
How do I fix this error-
- Open Internet Explorer 11.
- On the very right-hand side of the browser, click on the gear icon, also called the Tools icon, followed by Safety, and finally Delete browsing history....
The Ctrl+Shift & Del keyboard shortcut works too. Just hold down both the Ctrl and Shift keys and then press the Del key.
Note: If you have the Menu bar enabled, you can instead click Tools and then Delete browsing history...
- In the Delete Browsing History window that appears, uncheck all options except the one labeled Temporary Internet files and website files.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the window.
- The Delete Browsing History window will disappear and you might notice your mouse icon go busy for a few moments. As soon as your cursor returns to normal, or you notice the "finished deleting" message at the bottom of the screen, consider your temporary internet files deleted.
If you are still having issue please let our support staff know at [email protected]