IdeaScale Community Setup Duration
You can be up and running in no time. IdeaScale is a turn-key solution that can be set up in 5 minutes. That being said, there are a few more advanced features that may take a bit longer to configure. These include SSO, CSS, custom domain, and white-label. Contact [email protected] to learn more about these options.
In order to start a community with our website, you can follow the below steps in detail:
- Click "Get started for free" Button.
2. Create your account. Select the language in which you would like the interface to be and enter your valid company email address and phone number (optional). Complete the Registration process by clicking on the "Sign Up" button.
3. Upon completing the registration you will be asked to set up a password, username and add email addresses of few colleagues you would like to join (optional).
4. Once done you will have a community created with your company domain's name and the registration process will be complete.
5. During this process a verification email will be sent to your inbox through which you will need to verify your email address.
6. Log in to your email account and go to your inbox to see the verification email. Click on the 'Yes this is my email' link to complete the verification process.
7. If you click on the link before the link expiry, it will direct you into your IdeaScale account page.
8. Even if the link has expired, you still get verified upon clicking it. But instead of getting into the community you will be taken to the login page. You can now begin using IdeaScale website.
Creating a new community:
- Company Name: The name of the organization creating the community
- Feedback Community Name: This could be something like "Aboard Ideas" or "The Aboard Idea Center".
- IdeaScale URL http://: This is the web domain (or sub-domain) where your community will live. Most customers just use the name of their company. The URL will look like: "https://aboard.ideascale.com/" if we insert "acme" in the URL field. (Do you want your community to have a unique custom URL? If so, see our custom domain help article https://intercom.help/ideascale/en/articles/682814-using-custom-domains-for-your-community).
- Campaigns: Create custom campaign names in this field. Since your new account is a Free account by default, you're limited to five Campaigns.
- Community Type: This should be set as Public or Private Community.
- Select Plan: For the community set-up process, this defaults to the Free Plan User option. Upgrade is possible after community creation.
- Phone Number: Enter your valid phone number.
- Create Community: Click on the create community button to complete the process.
You will be directed to the Checklist of your new community. Start the process by completing the steps in the Checklist. NOTE: The Checklist will be available only till 30 days from the date of community creation. After that you will be redirected to the Reporting dashboard upon navigating to Community Settings.