IdeaScale Community Setup Duration
You can be up and running in no time. IdeaScale is a turn-key solution that can be set up in 5 minutes. That being said, there are a few more advanced features that may take a bit longer to configure. These include SSO, CSS, custom domain, and white-label. Contact [email protected] to learn more about IdeaScale's white-label option.
In order to start a community with our website, you can follow the below steps in detail:
1. Click "Get started for free" Button.
2. Create your account. Enter your valid company email address, Select the language in which you would like the interface to be. Complete the Registration process by clicking on the "Sign Up" button.
3. On completing the registration process, a verification email is sent to the email address through which you will be verified.
4. Log in to your email account and go to your inbox to see the verification email. Click on the "Yes this is my email" link to complete the verification process.
5. If you click on the link before the link expiry, it will direct you into your IdeaScale account page and ask you to set a password.
6. Even if the link has expired, you still get verified upon clicking it.Though you will have to request a password by clicking on 'Forgot Password' on the community login page which will send you a reset password email, use it & login. You can now begin using IdeaScale website for creating your own community .
Creating a new community:
- Company Name: The name of the organization creating the community
- Feedback Community Name: This could be something like "Aboard Ideas" or "The Aboard Idea Center".
- IdeaScale URL http://: This is the web domain (or sub-domain) where your community will live. Most customers just use the name of their company. The URL will look like: "https://aboard.ideascale.com/" if we insert "acme" in the URL field. (Do you want your community to have a unique custom URL? If so, see our custom domain help article).
- Campaigns: Create custom campaign names in this field. Since your new account is a Free account by default, you're limited to five Campaigns.
- Community Type: This should be set as Public or Private Community.
- Select Plan: For the community set-up process, this defaults to the Free Plan User option. Upgrade is possible after community creation.
- Create Community
You will be directed to the Checklist of your new community. Start the process by completing the steps in the Checklist.