Authentication Failure can occur for any of the reasons listed below.
1. Invalid Email Address / Password Combination- A user keying in an incorrect email address or an incorrect password will be prompted with the error message shown below.
When seeing this message we suggest you select “Click here to reset” so that you can update your password. You will receive an email with instructions on how to do this. If you do not receive an email please check your spam folder.
2. Account Locked Temporarily- You will receive this message and the below email if you have surpassed the maximum failed login attempts. Your account will be locked for a set amount of time. After the time passes, please try to login again.
If you receive the below email you will have to verify the email address by simply clicking on “Resend” link shown in the message which will allow you to verify your email address and unlock your account.
3. Account Inactivity (see email below) - If the account is inactive for a set amount of time (set by the admin) you will not be able to access your account. In this case please reach out to your Community Admin for assistance.
4. Member Banned from Community- Usually a member banned from the community will not be able to login or perform any activities within the community. If you are banned you will see the below message.
In the below screenshot shows a logged in member with the banned message.
IdeaScale does not control community banning so please contact your community admin for questions/concerns.
5. Email Domain Blacklisted- A community that has a list of blacklisted domains and anyone trying to register themselves with any of those domains will see the below error message.
There is not much you could do as it is the discretion of the administrator who can keep any particular domain blacklisted in the community.
6. Unregistered User trying to reset password: If you receive the below email please click the 'Please register to continue' link to create an IdeaScale account.