Community Settings >> Data Management >> Import Data >> Import Comments
This feature allows Administrators to bulk upload an MS Excel spreadsheet that includes a list of comments.
1. Skip First Line (Header): Switch this option "ON" when the first line in the excel file contains headings to the data to be uploaded. When ON, the first line in the excel file is ignored and the data from second line onwards is uploaded.
2. File to upload: Choose the excel file to be uploaded.Instructions for the Excel File. The file should be in the following format:
1)First Column should be Comment ID - This should include the comment id from exported sheet or incase it is a new comment it would be a unique number.
2)The second Column should be Comments ParentID - This should be 0.
3)The third Column should be Comments Author - This should be the author's name.
4)The fourth Column should consist of the AuthorEmail address - The will be the email address of the author or the idea submitter.
5)The fifth Column should contain the Comment Content - The details of the comment.
6)The sixth Column consists of Comment Submission date- The date field has to be in yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm-ss format. While populating dates the excel automatically converts the field to date type. Please set this column to "TEXT type"field".
7)The seventh Column should consist of the Pinned value. Which represents if the comment is pinned. The possible values are [true, false].
8)The eighth Column should consist of the Private value. Which represents if the comment is a private comment. The possible values are [true, false].
9)The ninth Column should contain the Merged value.Which represents if the comment is a merged comment. The possible values are [true, false].
10)The tenth Column should contain the Stage of the comment - This should be mentioned as Active.
11)The eleventh Column should contain the IdeaURL of the Idea that the comment is going to be part of - This can be obtained by exporting the idea data and getting the right url from the sheet.
Please Note: All of the above columns are required.
3. Attachments File to upload: You can also upload attachments along with the comments. You would need to create a second sheet with the following columns:
1)First Column should be Comment ID - This would be same as the one in the first sheet.
2)The second Column should be AuthorEmail address - This would be same as the one in the first sheet.
3)The third Column should be File Name of the image - This will be name as per the image is saved. For example: in the below image it is comment1.jpeg.
4)The fourth Column will be Note the administrator can add in any text regarding the image and it is not mandatory.
5)The fifth Column should contain Size of the image in bytes. The attached file size should fall within the limits of the Maximum upload size allowed for your community
6)The sixth Column consists of Comment Submission date- The date field has to be in yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm-ss format. This would be same as the one in the first sheet.
Things to note before importing:
- The Sheet show be in Text format only.
- All the header in both the sheets should be same.
- The images that needs to uploaded should be in a zip file.
- The excel sheet and zip file with images should be in the same location.
- The sheet in the excel file should be renamed as Ideascale Comments and Ideascale Attachments likewise.
- Please ensure the file size of the image along with the file type.