Path: Community Settings >> Data Management >> Import Data >> Import Comments
This feature allows Administrators to bulk upload an Excel spreadsheet that includes a list of comments.
1. Skip First Line (Header): Switch this option "ON" when the first line in the excel file contains headings to the data to be uploaded. When ON, the first line in the excel file is ignored and the data from second line onwards is uploaded.
2. File to upload: Browse the excel file to be uploaded from your community or simple drag and drop it in the area. Instructions for creating the Comment excel file.
3. Attachments File to Upload : This is a zip file . All the files mentioned in the Attachment Sheet are zipped in this file. Instructions for creating the Attachment sheet.
4. Upload : Click on upload after adding the comment excel file and the attachment zip file. Things to note before importing.
Please Note: In case there is a malicious content, virus or malware during the upload it will show an error and the upload will fail.
Instructions for Creating the Comment Excel File
The file should be in the following format:
1)First Column should be Comment ID - This should include the comment id from exported sheet . Incase of new comment it would be a unique number.
Comment ID column can also be filled 0 if Replies to comments or attachments are not being imported.
2) Second Column should be ParentID - This column can be filled in with 0 .
When replies to comments are to be uploaded, this column will include the Comment ID of the comment to which the reply is being uploaded .
NOTE :- The Comment ID and the Parent ID should be in the same sheet when more than 1 comment spreadsheets are being uploaded.
Ref. to the image below - If a reply to comment with the Comment ID 2000001 ,titled "Regular Comment" is to be uploaded
Then the Parent ID of the reply comment titled "Reply1 to Regular Comment 1", will be filled in comment id 2000001
Now the Comment with the comment ID 2000006 will appear as a reply to the comment ID 20000001 .
3) Third Column should be Author - This should be the commenter's name.
4) Fourth Column should consist of the AuthorEmail - The will be the email address of the commenter.
5) Fifth Column should contain the Comment Text - The details/actual comment text should be entered.
NOTE:- HTML tags/entities in the text is not supported in upload for eg:- greater than , smaller than signs, bullets , smart-quotes ( curly quotation marks) , & , © copyright ® registered trademark etc.
6) Sixth Column consists of Date - The date field has to be in YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS format. While populating dates the excel automatically converts the field to date type. Please set this column to "text type" field.
7) Seventh Column should consist of the Pinned value - This represents if the comment is pinned or not. The values should be 'true' if it is pinned comment and 'false' if not pinned.
8) Eighth Column should consist of the Private value - This represents if the comment is a private comment. The value should be 'true' if it is a private comment and 'false' if it is not.
9) Ninth Column should contain the Merged value - This represents if the comment is a merged comment. The value should be 'true' if it is a merged comment and 'false' if it is not.
10) Tenth Column should contain the Anonymous value - If the user's identity for this comment has to hidden, then the value should be 'true' . If not, the value can be 'false'.
11) Eleventh Column should contain the Stage of the comment - This should be mentioned as 'active' if the comment is active. If it is waiting for moderator approval, it should be 'pending approval'.
12) Twelfth Column should contain the Idea URL - This will be the URL of the that the comment is going to be part of. This can be obtained by exporting the idea data and getting the right url from the sheet.
Please Note: All of the above columns are required to be populated .
Attachments file to upload: To upload attachments along with the comments, create a second sheet "IdeaScale-Attachments" , within the comment upload sheet (as seen outlined in red in the above screenshot )
Instructions for Creating the Attachment sheet
1)First Column should be Comment ID - These are the comment id's of the comments to which the attachments are to be uploaded . They can be copied from the IdeaScale- Comments sheet.
Note :- The comment id's mentioned in the IdeaScale attachment sheet have to present in the IdeaScale-Comment sheet . Attachments will not be uploaded if these id's do not appear in the IdeaScale- Comment sheet.
2) Second Column should be AuthorEmail - This is the email address of the user uploading the attachment .The user maybe the comment author or any other verified /assume verified user who has access to this comment.
3) Third Column should be File Name of the image - This name will be as per the saved image's name. For example: mushrooms-1662959_960_720.png, teeth-1670434_960_720.png as seen in the above sceenshot.
4)The fourth Column will be Note - The administrator can add in any text regarding the image and it is not mandatory.
5) Fifth Column should contain Size - It is the size of the attachment in bytes. The attached file size should fall within the limits of the 'Maximum upload size' allowed for your community.
6) Sixth Column consists of Date - The date field has to be in YYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS format. This would be same as the one in the first sheet.
Things to note before importing:
- The sheet should be in Plain Text format only.
- All the headers in both the sheets should be same as mentioned in the instructions above.
- The attachments that needs to be uploaded, should be present in a zip file which will go along the Comment excel sheet while uploading . If the attachment file name and details are mentioned in the IdeaScale- Attachments sheet but if the actual file is not included in the zip file , it will not be uploaded.
- The excel sheet and zip file with images should be in the same location/directory
- The sheet in the excel file should be renamed as Ideascale Comments and Ideascale Attachments likewise.