Path: Community Settings >> Member Management >> Members >> Bulk Upload Username
This article reviews how to mass change/update username of existing members.
This setting is a part of Advanced settings.
Toggle the switch to Advanced to access the setting.
Please Note: In case there is malicious content, virus, or malware during the upload it will show an error and the upload will fail.
The excel sheet should be .xls and .xlsx format only.
1. The columns in the sheet are fixed first being the Email and second as the Username.
2. Username should be between 6 and 40 characters and use only lowercase letters (a-z), numbers, and periods.
Excel file should contain with member email address and username in the following format-
3. 'First row is column header' switch should be enabled if the excel file has the header section.
4. Once started the excel file upload, a notify message will appear-
"Process for member username bulk upload started"
5. Admin will receive confirmation email notification after completing the member username bulk upload process.
- Bulk upload member username process can be performed only for the existing member who has already joined in the community.