Idea Portfolio is a Moderator tool that displays all ideas collected in the Moderators Campaign(s). It can be accessed by Moderators by clicking on their Profile Icon dropdown and selecting on 'Idea Portfolio' shown in the screenshot below.
Idea Portfolio feature grants Moderators an easy to use method of organising, sorting, and tagging all ideas that have been submitted. The moderators could also use features like Link, Merge or Tags from this tab on selected ideas.
Idea Portfolio section provides you with options to include or exclude your Pending, Recycled, Off-Topic or Archived Ideas in your Idea Portfolio searches You can find these options once you click the Gear Icon ⚙ .
The search bar allows you to search for ideas with saved filters for easy and quick search.
The ideas, campaigns and group that moderators can see will be dependent on the type of moderator they are;
- Global moderators will be able to see all ideas and search by all campaigns
- Campaign moderators will only be able to see ideas from campaigns they moderate and search by the campaigns they moderate
- Group moderators will only be able to see ideas submitted by groups they moderate and search by groups that they moderate.
- When a moderator first clicks into the search box a list of the available search commands will appear.
- Using the enter key will cause the highlighted option to be selected, once selected the moderator can navigate using the down & up keys. The currently selected option will be indicated in blue.
- Hitting Enter will confirm the selection.
Saved Search Queries
Once you’ve searched a query in the Idea Portfolio you can save it for ease of deployment next time.Simply hit the small bookmark icon. This will allow your moderators to save their most frequently used searches. These searches are saved for individual Moderators, not globally. To unsave the Search, simply click the blue bookmark and the search will be removed.
The Idea Table
The Idea List is simply a table containing all the ideas in the community, filtered and sorted by the search terms entered in the search bar and the permissions of the moderator. The idea list displays list of 10 ideas in each page with the details like idea title, date submitted, campaign, stage, time in location, time since last action, smart score.
- Title: the idea title
- Idea Number: the number associated to the idea
- Date Submitted: the date the idea was submitted
- Campaign: the campaign the idea is in
- Stage: the name of the stage the idea in + (the stage's type in brackets)
- Time in location: the length of time since the idea lasted changed campaign or stage
- Time since last action: the time since any action was last taken on the idea
- Smart Score: this is a cumulative stat from all the stages.
- When no ideas are selected it will only show the Edit Warning Color and Export Option
- When a single idea is selected, this button will open a list that shows all action options available on that idea which are as following:
- Contact Members
- Stage Task Reminders (see more info below)
- Stages available to move idea into
- Assign owners
- Unassign owners
- Print Ideas
- Disable Commenting
- Move Idea
- Link Selected
- Merge Selected
- Delete Idea
- Export (Excel or CSV)
- Export Library (Idea exportable files)
Please Note: When multiple ideas are selected this button will show the following options: Move Selected - When “Move Selected” function is used the user should be able to move ideas within the same campaign.
Stage Task Reminders
Did you know Moderators can send Stage Task Reminders for any Member that has not completed theirRefinement, Estimate, Pairwise, Assessment, Reviewscale or Fund tasks? Find this feature in theIncoming or Idea Portfolio Moderate button. An email will then be triggered and sent to those members that still have pending Reviews, Refinements, Assessments, etc. Please note: Reminders are sent for single specific ideas not for ideas en masse.
Edit Warning Colors
This function will allow a community to set the number of days that an idea can be inactive before it is given a warning color in the management page. As you hover over the ideas it will reflect the number of days the idea has been there. Warning colors helps to get the moderator attention on ideas that has no activity done since those many days.
The moderator can easily link selected ideas by this tab. Once all the ideas are selected to be link, click the link button and Link ideas to confirm.
Merging the ideas is made easier for the moderator with the Merge button. Select the ideas to be merged and you can easily merge these ideas by just a click.
This tab displays two types of tags one being the regular tags and the other moderator tags. Once the ideas are selected that required tagging, you would need to select from the dropdown which type of tag you would like to add and then all the tags will reflect for you to select from.