Path: Community Settings >> Workflow >> Automation Builder >> Duplicate Notification
Report Duplicate option helps in identifying and reporting duplication of any specific idea in the community.
Only admin and standard user of the community can flag idea as Duplicate submitted by the community members itself.
This section falls under Advanced settings.
These settings falls under Basic settings.
Path: Community Settings >> Customization >> Customize Site Behavior >> Idea Submission Settings >> Allow Idea Report Abuse or Report Duplicate
Path: Community Settings >> Customization >> Customize Site Behavior >> Idea Details Screen >> Display Report Duplicate
Setting up Report Duplicate Notification:
The administrator of the community can set up the Duplicate notification by the following requirements:
1. Click on the Duplicate Notification >> Edit
2. Select the Condition 'Idea'
3. Enter the number of times the idea has to be marked as ‘Duplicate’ for reaching the Duplicate threshold
4. After reaching on the threshold value, an idea would follow the behavior which has been set in the 'Action'
5. Actions can be triggered for:
- Mark Duplicate
- Change Status
- Notify Members: All members or Members assigned to specific groups.
6. Click on Enabled.
Report Duplicate notification can be set up by following few actions.
1. Mark Abuse
2. Change Status
3. Notify Member
If the action set as Mark Duplicate-
After reaching on the threshold value, the idea would be moved into the incoming moderation dashboard for moderator approval. The idea will be marked as 'Reported' after approval by the moderator.
If the action set as Change Status-
After reaching on the threshold value, the idea stage will be changed which has been selected in the action.
If the action set as Notify Member-
After reaching on the threshold value, group of people will be notified that idea has been met 'Duplicate Notifications' rule.
Please Note: For 'Notify Member' action idea will be only marked as 'Reported'. Idea would not move into pending approval stage for moderator approval.
Mark Idea as Report Duplicate:
1. Click on the Report Abuse link on the idea.
2. In Grid View and List View the Report Abuse link will be displayed in the three dots button which is meant for more actions.
3. As soon as someone reports an idea and the threshold is met the idea will move into Pending Approval stage with the message-
"You have reported this idea as being a duplicate. It will be removed when enough people flag it."
4. The idea submitter will receive email notification of 'Mark Duplicated' as shown in the below screenshot.
5. After clicking the Click link, it redirects idea submitter to the idea details page and sees it’s in pending approval stage for awaiting moderator approval.
- Only Admin and Standard User will see the Report Duplicate link in the idea.
- Admin can not report duplicate another admin's ideas.
- Moderator will not see the Report Duplicate links to perform this action.
- Any idea which gets submitted is live and is in Ideate Stage will show 'Report Duplicate' links, however, any idea moved from Pending Approval stage by a moderator or any idea moved from any different stage to Ideate stage will not show these links.
- Report Duplicate feature can be used only when the idea is in the Ideate Stage.