Path: Community Settings >> Workflow >> Funnel Management >> Reserve Stage
We have renamed our Archive Stage as Reserve Stage and brought in a flag called 'In Reserve' as well similar to Selected & Implemented flags for the ideas which reside in this stage.
This stage is built to help Administrators tidy up their communities by giving them a place to store dated, off-topic or on hold ideas. Rather than storing ideas in an active stage like Ideate, Refine, or Build Team, Administrators can now move ideas into a Reserve Stage which can be made visible or invisible for the community members.
Reserve Stage Settings
Reserve Stages can be added like any other stage under Community Settings >> Workflow >> Funnel Management. Under a funnel, create a new stage and select Reserve as the stage type, enable the settings as per requirement and then save.
- Stage Function: Select Reserve stage from drop down. Once selected and saved, this section will be greyed out and cannot be changed to other stage.
- Stage Name: Create a custom name/label for selected stage. Note: Character limit is 40.
- Description: Describe stage functionality or how to use this stage. This description will be mouse hover text on stages stack on right navigation of community homepage.
- Call to Action Customization: This setting allows you to customize the CTA block in the homepage.
Note: Character limit is 12.
- Stage Change Notification: Enable this to allow users to receive notification when the stage changes.
- Enable Stage: This indicates that stage is active and ready for use. When enabled, stage will be reflected on right navigation of community homepage if Visible option given below is enabled.
- Visible: When enabled, the Reserve stage is displayed in the homepage with all the other stages in the right navigation bar of campaign page for the members to see. While when it is disabled only the moderator of the community will be able to see this stage and the ideas within Idea Portfolio.
- Include Reserved Ideas in "All Stages": When enabled it will display the reserved ideas in list view and will have number of these ideas added in the funnel in All Stages.
Once the Reserve stage is created, administrator will see the Report Ideas as option set to In Reserve for the Reserve stage. Note: It cannot be changed.
Visible Option Setting
If the Visible settings is ON under stage settings, Reserve stage will be visible under the stage list on the right navigation bar of Campaign page.
Include Reserved Ideas in "All Stages" Setting
Enabling Include Reserved Ideas in "All Stages" will show the reserved ideas in list of ideas for All Stages.
In Reserve Label
Once an idea is moved to the Reserve stage will be we labeled with In Reserve flag.
Idea List View
Idea Details Page
Reserve Stage In Idea Portfolio
To access reserve stage ideas in Idea Portfolio, moderator will need to enable it from the Idea Portfolio settings icon as shown below. It will open up a pop-up to enable the options.
Once enabled, the Reserve stage name will be visible in the search bar upon using the command Stage.
Does anything happen to my ideas in Reserve Stages?
No. Reserve Stages are like folders. Unlike all the other Stages, Reserve Stages is simply a holding pen for ideas. There is no set functionality.
Can I automatically move ideas INTO my Reserve Stages?
Yes. You can move ideas automatically by enabling the Automation in the stage before the Reserve stage.
Can I automatically move ideas OUT of my Reserve Stages?
No. You cannot move ideas automatically out of a Reserve Stage, as there is no inherent functionality associated with Reserve.
Can end users comment on ideas in Reserve stages?
Can Moderators comment on ideas in Reserve stages?