Our Jira integration with the IdeaScale community allows the users to track, update and follow ideas being submitted in the community. Tracking selected ideas until the implementation of those ideas. Once the integration is set up you can do much more as per your requirements.
Path: Community Settings >> Integration >> App Directory >> Jira
Steps to set up Jira integrations:
The first main step is to login to Jira software with an Administrator account.
1. Navigate to your Jira Url.
2. Choose the 'Set it up for me' option, click the 'Continue' button
3. Choose 'Jira software (Data Center) license, fill up organization name, click 'Generate License' button
4. Fill email, username, password on the Administrator account setup
5. Chose language and click next
6. Create a project
The second step in Jira software
Create Application link
1. In Jira, navigate to Settings>>Applications
2. On the left side, under Integrations >> find Application links
3. Fill 'http://is:80' on the field, click the 'Create new link' button
4. Fill app name, and click **'Create incoming link'** checkbox
5. Fill consumer key with 'testkey'
**Make sure to save in Jira. If you do not save before putting the info into IdeaScale you will receive a "Failed to save configuration” message.
Third step in IdeaScale community
1. Click on 'Generate keys'
2. Fill up URL.
3. Fill up consumer key 'testkey'
4. Copy Public key
5. Click Save and Continue
6. Click on 'Please click here to allow access'
7. change the redirecting url to the new one
8. Click 'Allow'
9. Copy the Secret key
10. Fill the 'Secret key' field with the copied key.
Move to the configuration tab to configure it for the campaign in your community. Once you have the Projects and Ticket type created this would reflect under the Configuration tab for the admin to select and Save. if you wish to have Jira integrated for multiple campaigns select the appropriate Project and Ticket type and click on the Save button.
You can also easily remove the configuration from the Settings tab by clicking on the Remove Configuration button.