Community Settings >> Engagement >> Campaigns
A Campaign in IdeaScale is a category or bucket into which ideas are placed for organization. It allows members of your community to sort by idea/question subject. Use cases for Campaigns include areas of business (Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, etc.), regional offices (Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, etc.), or types of ideas (Ideas for Productivity, Ideas for Fun, Ideas for Profit).
The Campaigns show up on the right side of the portal.
1) Add Campaigns : When setting up an IdeaScale community, 3 sample Campaigns are automatically created. Through "Manage Campaigns" on the right navigation panel on homepage, the Community Administrator can easily add campaign and new campaign group.
2) Add New Campaign Group: Adding a campaign group helps the administrator of the community to group all the related campaigns under one group for better operation and control of the campaign.
3) Edit : Campaigns as well as their groups can be edited or delete by clicking on the respective links on the right side of the campaign name in Community settings. You can edit them even when they are active. You can use basic HTML codes within the campaign description which follows the same validation rules as Site HTML.
4) Move : To arrange the campaigns in desired order simply drag and drop them.
5) Delete : You can delete them by clicking 'Delete' link, though once deleted all the ideas or question within will be deleted as well and moved to the 'Recycle Bin' or deleted permanently as per the settings enabled by the admin in the Look & Feel section.
Community Settings >> Engagement >> Campaigns
Creating a Campaign : A campaign has been segregated in different sections in order to set up and customize it as per our requirement.
Campaign Preview: Once a campaign is created with the few details we have a Preview button on the right side allowing the administrator to have a glimpse of the campaign in the homepage in the draft mode.
The first section includes the Basic information of the campaign.
1. Language: The Language of the campaign depends upon language of the community set up by the administrator.
2. Name: A name has to be specified for the campaign.
3. Subtitle: You can add a text or line which will show just below the Title of the campaign.
4. Question / Challenge Statement: Providing a question or challenge statement summarising the campaign's mission will attract the members to participate in the campaign.
5. Instruction for Idea Submit form: This section allows you to put down any instruction for the members which would be visible in the Idea submission form.
6. Campaign Group: If the community has created different campaign groups you could select the specific campaign group. If not the campaign will be moved to the default campaign group of the community.
Every campaign can be set up with a custom banner image for the campaign with a recommended size of 690 x 518 (pixels).
You can also use Gif's as your campaign banner or logo.
Behaviors and Permissions
1. Allow Voting: Enabling this will allow the members to start voting for ideas in this campaign.
Please Note: If the voting is disabled for the entire community it will override Voting Allowed for specific campaign.
2. Disable Commenting: This setting allows us to disable commenting in any specific campaign.
3. Member Idea Submission Allowed: This setting allows the administrator to stop idea submission from members in specific campaign.
4. Member Idea File Attachment Allowed: An administrator of the community can restrict the members from uploading any attachments for the specific campaign.
5. Disable Idea Edit by Submitter: Enabling this will not allow the Idea submitter to edit Ideas in a specific campaign when at the sometime editing ideas from a different campaign would be possible.
6. Allow Users to Subscribe to this Campaign: Turning on this setting will allow the users to subscribe to any specific campaign. Upon subscribing, users will receive email notifications of all new ideas and comments in that particular campaign.
Privacy and Access
1.Private: Enabling this will set your campaign as private thus offering access to selected users only. Please refer: https://support.ideascale.com/setup/private-campaigns
2. Allow Anonymous Idea Submission: This feature enables the users to submit idea anonymously in the specific campaign while in rest of the community his name will still appear.
3. Idea Anonymous by Default: Enabling the switch "Allow Anonymous Idea Submission" also gives you an option to enable all the ideas submitted to the private campaign to remain anonymous by default.
4. Allow Anonymous Commenting: This feature enables the users to submit comment anonymously in the specific campaign while in rest of the community his name will still appear.
5. New Ideas Approval: This switch when enabled will required an approval on Campaign level unlike the New Idea approval.
6. IP based Access Restriction: Access restriction based on IP address can be set for a specific campaign using this section. Please refer: https://support.ideascale.com/setup/ip-based-access-restriction
7. Force submissions to be 'private', only viewable to admins, moderators, and authorized groups: This feature actually forces private submissions, because it does not give the idea authors a choice to elect to submit privately or publicly. It just makes all submissions to the campaign private by default. The result is that the author can see their own idea. And moderators, admins, and authorized groups can see the ideas.
8. Notify Admins and moderators: This helps the admins and moderators to be notified of all submissions that has been submitted privately to the campaign.
The second section is Campaign Brief.
This section allows you to write a detail description with could not be mentioned in the Question / Challenge statement. This can have information about the campaigns mission, goal, context and evaluation criteria.
Terms of Service
This section allows you to write down your set of rules for the campaign. Only after agreeing to the Terms of Service will the members be able to view and participate in the campaign.
The third section is Idea Submission Tool:
Idea Submission Tool
The idea submission tool consists of three sections one being the Idea Submission Form preview, Idea Submission Elements and Custom Field Elements. This is a gist of all the elements that goes into the form while submitting an idea. We have developed this tool in a very easy drag and drop manner for your convenience and fast amendments in the campaign in terms of these elements. This gives a feasibility to arrange all the questions on the form as per your requirement by simply dragging and rearranging it to the order you would want it to appear.
- Idea Submission Form: This is a preview of the form after setting up all the elements for the particular campaign. All the elements which has been set as Required in the Idea Submission settings will appear in the preview and will not have the “Remove” link.
- Idea Submission Elements: These are the elements which the admin can add in the submission form by simply drag and drop in the submission form preview section. So the elements you could add is Submit Idea on Behalf of, Add Co-submitters, Tags and Attach an image or supporting document.
- Custom Field Elements: These display the idea custom field that we have created in Idea Custom Field setting depending upon the requirement. If we have created any custom field as required it will always appear in the Idea Submission form preview and cannot be removed. However if we have any custom field which is not required you will see it in this element. In the above screenshot you can see the Idea Custom Field with a link named “Remove”.
The fourth section is Moderation:
The assigned campaign owner will be face of the campaign bearing his name on all the campaign invite and campaign summary. However they would not able to edit or manage the campaign unless they are also an administrator in the community.
As the word clearly states moderation of the campaign can be assigned to Campaign Moderators who would be responsible for moderating all ideas within this campaign.
The fifth section is Funnel in Update Campaign.
Funnels are nothing but stages from which each idea goes through during the process of getting the best idea to the last stage. Funnels need to be set up in Workflow >> Funnel Management. The community comes along with a default funnel in which you have few stages. While setting up the campaign you could opt for the funnel of your choice. Once an idea is submitted to the campaign the funnel cannot be changed or altered.
In the above screenshot we see a Default workflow and Estimate funnel. The second one being created by the administrator for the community.
The sixth tab consist of an Email Invitation.
Email Invitation is sending a personalized invitation for the specific campaign inviting users to participate. This email contains the campaign banner, logo, subject and a body of the email giving details of the campaign.
- Enable Email Test: This allows you send a test email to any one recipient to see how the Campaign Invite Email looks like.
- Email Preview: This give us a clear picture of how our email invitation will actually look when it is sent to the users.
- Subject Line: This section allows you to customize the subject of the email.
- Email Message: This space can be utilized to pen down a message or an invitation inviting your list of users to participate in the campaign.
- Call to action Button: Customize this button to something catchy so the users are ready to get started with their ideas in the campaign.
- Send Date: We can schedule the send date and the invitation will be sent at 00.00 PST on the date selected. In case its is todays date date and is past 00.00 PST the email will be sent immediately.
- Send to: We can opt for the email to be sent to all community members, specific group in the community or if the campaign is private then only to the members of the specific campaign.
- Customize Sent From: This setting allows us to customize the from Email address and name as per our requirement.
- Custom Email Banner: The email invitation can also be customized along with the email banner related to the campaign.
Please Note: The Campaign Invitations will be sent out to members whose email status is verified.
Campaign invite can be sent only once for each campaign on a particular day.
The last section is the Launch.
The administrator of the community can pre- set a date for the launch of the campaign along with an end date when they intend to close the campaign. You could also launch the campaign immediately if the community administrator is ready to release the campaign to the users by clicking on the Launch Immediately link.
End date: After a Campaign concludes (post end date), they get archived and are moved to 'Archived Campaigns' by the system where they are available for viewing of community users but is closed for any activity like voting, commenting etc..
Administrators, global moderators and campaign moderator (specific archived campaign moderator) can edit, add comment, add an attachment to an idea. However campaign moderator (other active campaigns) and a standard user would be able to only view the ideas and comments.
Enabling or Disabling a Campaign: Campaign settings do not have an enable button, however we could always use the Save as Draft switch while creating a campaign in the Launch section to stop it from reflecting in the homepage to the normal users.
Launch immediately means enabling the campaign.
In case the campaign has launched and you require the campaign not to be visible to users you simply can future date the Launch date which will automatically remove the campaign from the homepage.