Path: Community Settings >> Workflow >> Funnel Management >> Refine Stage
Refine Stage Settings
- Stage Function: Select Refine stage from drop down. Once selected and saved, this section will be greyed out and cannot be changed to other stage
- Stage Name: Create a custom name/label for selected stage. Note: Character limit is 40.
- Description: Describe stage functionality or how you would like to use this stage. This description will be mouseover text on stages stack on right navigation of community homepage
- Stage Change Notification: Enabling this triggers an email notification on the stage change of the ideas.
- Enable Stage: This indicates that stage is active and ready for use. When enabled, stage will be reflected on right navigation of community homepage
- Edit Default Introduction to Refinement Questions: This setting helps us to customise the default introduction to the Refinement questions of your choice.
Stage Specific Settings: Refine (Custom Field)
Custom Fields: Create new custom field by clicking 'add new' link on top right corner of refine stage specific setting. This will popover a new window with following fields
Label: Name of refine custom field
Field Type: Type of refine custom field. e.g single choice, multiple choice, large text etc
Required: When ON, the field is made mandatory to answer
Private Field: Responses of the reviewers can be kept confidential by marking the fields as "Private".
The answers marked as Private will be visible only to the reviewers team that is permitted to edit the refinement questions and answers in the stage. All the members or groups permitted to view refinement questions and answers will not be able to see answers that are marked private.
Please Note: Along with the assigned reviewers team moderators and assigned administrators would also be able to see the refinement questions and answers which is marked 'Private'.
Add and repeat same procedure to set additional refinement questions. You can also set refinement questions with questions having different types of expected response like Single Choice, Multiple Choice, Attachment as well. It is also possible to migrate these refinement questions to idea submission custom field (Community Settings>> Workflow>> Idea submission>>Idea Custom Fields) or other refine stage. Once migrated this fields will move from current stage to selected option from dropdown menu (idea submission or other refine stage) as shown below
The administrator of the community can also set the refinement questions available by using the template. The template offers various refinement question in the dropdown.
Who is the customer?
What is the significant, high impact opportunity?
What is your solution?
Who needs to be on the team?
What is your advantage over alternatives?
What results will be achieved?
Lean Business Canvas
What is our unfair advantage?
Business Model Canvas:
Jobs To Be Done:
Social Criteria (Social)
Define Explanation: Determine the goals and plan resources
Locate Explanation: Gather items and information needed to do the job
Prepare Explanation: Set up the environment to do the job.
Confirm Explanation: Verify they are ready to perform the job.
Execute Explanation: Carry out the job.
Monitor Explanation: Assess whether the job is being successfully executed
Modify Explanation: Make alterations to improve execution
Conclude Explanation: Finish the job or prepare to repeat it.
Please Note: All the responses to the questions in the template by default will be in Large Text / Description. You can change the expected response as per your choice. You can also add in more questions apart from what is added by the template.
Stage Automation Settings: Refine
- Automatically move ideas to next stage if all Refinement questions have been answered: This setting allows the smooth transition of all the ideas who has the refinement questions answered once enabled.
- Permitted to edit refinement questions and answers: Only idea team members can participate in refine stage i.e Team formed in build team stage can view refinement questions and submit/edit responses.
- Permitted to view refinement questions and answers: : All community members or group of selected members can view refinement questions and responses on the idea detail page. Help article on groups https://support.ideascale.com/setup/group
- Refine Stage Functionality on home page
Clicking on REFINE IDEA button will open idea detail page with idea refinement questions. Team members who are part of idea team can participate by submitting/editing responses as shown above. Community members who are restricted to participate but permitted to view stage can view refine stage question & answers on idea detail page.
Refine stage offers the members selected in this stage to see a Revision History of all the refinement answers edited by the members during the life of an idea in the refinement stage.
Clicking on Show Revision History will expand and show all the history of revision made on the refinement answers.
Here is a short video of how to set up Refine stage: