ReviewScale is a customizable decision matrix that allows administrators to identify the most valuable ideas! Administrator's can define questions within three different categories, have moderators rate the questions, and leave feedback. When they are reviewing your criteria they will rate by a scale of Low, Medium, or High.
- How to Set-up ReviewScale
- How it works for your moderators
- Using the ReviewScale Dashboard
Path: Community Settings >> Workflow >> Funnel Management >> ReviewScale
Here is a short video of how to set up Reviewscale stage:
- Stage Function: Select ReviewScale stage from drop down. Once selected and saved, this section will be greyed out and cannot be changed to other stage
- Stage Name: Create a custom name/label for selected stage. Note: Character limit is 40
- Description: Describe stage functionality or how you would like to use this stage. This description will be mouseover text on stages stack on right navigation of community homepage
- Enabled: This indicates that stage is active and ready for use. When enabled, stage will be reflected on right navigation of community homepage.
Next you can customize this stage to suite the goals of your community and campaign.
You have three categories where you can create your own factors:
- Weighted business goals (Value). Reviewers can rate on a Low, Medium, High scale
- Variable Cost structures. Reviewers can rate on a Low, Medium, High scale
- Potential business constrains. Reviewers can answer Yes or No. Please keep in mind this category will not add responses into the final scores.
After enabling any of these categories you will be able to add a new criteria and a new reviewer team who will moderator this part of the idea submission. Below is an example where I added in a "Relevance" factor.
- Value Reviewer Team: Choose Value Factor Reviewer team; Team can be Single member, team based on team roles, or Groups.
- Cost Factor: Define Cost factors as per your business criteria.
- Cost Reviewer Team: Choose Cost Factor Reviewer team; Team can be Single member, team based on team roles or Groups.
- Constraint Factors: Define Constraint factors if any.
- Constraint Reviewer Team: Choose Constraint Factor Reviewer team; Team can be Single member, team based on team roles or Groups.
- Reviewers May Edit Reviews Until Stage is Complete: Editing option will be available to the reviewers until the idea is in this stage. There will be a link named "Edit Rank" which can be used to make the changes.
- Comment Tab Enabled: Enabling the comment tab displays two sections in comment titled 'Community' and 'name of the funnel created for Reviewscale
Stage Automation Settings:
Enabling stage automation moves the ideas to the next stage when all the reviewers have completed with their reviews.
Permitted to review ideas: This will be only the set of people who are selected in the reviewers team.
Permitted to view current reviews and scores: Any group selected will be able to view the reviews ad scores of the ideas in reviewscale.
How it works for your Reviewers:
The team members you have selected to review and rate the ideas within the stage can do it from the Idea itself! Once they select the idea, the 'Activity' tab will show the various factors you have chosen along with the ratings they can select from. Below is a screenshot of what this might look like for a reviewer.
They can also add a Note explaining why they choose their rating.
Depending on the viewing settings you selected in the stage your users/reviewers will be able to see the Impact Ratio of the Idea. The Impact Ratio is the average of the value and cost factors you created. You can adjust the weight of the the questions in the ReviewScale Dashboard.
Using the ReviewScale Dashboard
Location: Path: Community Settings >> Workflow >> Funnel Management >> Dashboard
Once all ideas are rated by reviewer team, admins can see all data collected on ReviewScale dashboard. Here the admin can identify the best ideas by adjusting slider across cost and value factors. Each factor (Cost and Value) has to total 100%. Final ReviewScale data can be exported in excel sheet format.
In the case that the admin finds difficult to judge between important factors, there is a way to optimize weights. Optimize weight allows administrator to do simple pairwise comparison between two factor at a time.
When cost and value factor weights are reset, initial slider position is set between two factor. Administrator can complete pairwise comparison and save changes. This will automatically assign weights as per comparison inputs and help administrator find out which factor is more important.