Path: Community Settings >> Workflow >> Funnel Management >> ReviewScale Stage
ReviewScale is a customizable decision matrix that allows administrators to identify the most valuable ideas! Administrators can define questions within three different categories, have moderators rate the questions, and leave feedback. When they are reviewing your criteria they will rate by a scale of Low, Medium, or High.
How to Set-up ReviewScale
How it works for your moderators
Using the ReviewScale Dashboard
Here is a short video of how to set up Reviewscale stage:
- Stage Function: Select ReviewScale stage from dropdown. Once selected and saved, this section will be greyed out and cannot be changed to another stage
- Stage Name: Create a custom name/label for the selected stage. Note: Character limit is 40
- Description: Describe stage functionality or how you would like to use this stage. This description will be mouseover text on stages stack on the right navigation of the community homepage.
- Call to Action Customization: This setting allows you to customize the CTA block on the homepage.
Note: The character limit is 12.
- Stage Change Notification: Enabling this triggers an email notification on the stage change of the ideas.
- Enabled: This indicates that the stage is active and ready for use. When enabled, the stage will be reflected on the right navigation of the community homepage.
Next, you can customize this stage to suit the goals of your community and campaign.
You have three categories where you can create your own factors:
- Weighted business goals (Value). Reviewers can rate on a Low, Medium, High scale
- Variable Cost structures. Reviewers can rate on a Low, Medium, High scale
- Potential business constraints. Reviewers can answer Yes or No. Please keep in mind this category will not add responses to the final scores.
After enabling any of these categories you will be able to add new criteria and a new reviewer team who will moderator this part of the idea submission. Below is an example where I added a "Relevance" factor.
You can add the reviewer team as per single members by selecting Member from the dropdown in Value Reviewer Team.
- Value Reviewer Team: Choose Value Factor Reviewer team; Team can be Single member, team based on team roles, or Groups.
- Cost Factor: Define Cost factors as per your business criteria.
- Cost Reviewer Team: Choose the Cost Factor Reviewer team; Team can be Single members, team based on team roles or Groups.
- Constraint Factors: Define Constraint factors if any.
- Constraint Reviewer Team: Choose Constraint Factor Reviewer team; Team can be Single member, team based on team roles or Groups.
- Reviewers May Edit Reviews Until Stage is Complete: The editing option will be available to the reviewers until the idea is in this stage. There will be a link named "Edit Rank" which can be used to make the changes.
- Comment Tab Enabled: Enabling the comment tab displays two sections in a comment titled 'Community' and 'name of the funnel created for Reviewscale
Stage Automation Settings:
Enabling stage automation moves the ideas to the next stage when all the reviewers have completed their reviews.
Permitted to review ideas: This will be only the set of people who are selected in the reviewer's team.
Permitted to view current reviews and scores: Any group selected will be able to view the reviews ad scores of the ideas in Reviewscale.
How it works for your Reviewers:
The team members you have selected to review and rate the ideas within the stage can do it from the Idea itself! Once they select the idea, the 'Activity' tab will show the various factors you have chosen along with the ratings they can select from. Below is a screenshot of what this might look like for a reviewer.
They can also add a note explaining why they choose their rating. Only the Administrators can view the note which is available in the exported ReviewScale report.
Depending on the viewing settings you selected in the stage your users/reviewers will be able to see the Impact Ratio of the Idea. The Impact Ratio is the average of the value and cost factors you created. You can adjust the weight of the questions in the ReviewScale Dashboard.
Using the ReviewScale Dashboard
Location: Path: Community Settings >> Workflow >> Funnel Management >> Dashboard
Once all ideas are rated by the reviewer team, admins can see all data collected on the ReviewScale dashboard. Here the admin can identify the best ideas by adjusting the slider across cost and value factors. Each factor (Cost and Value) has to total 100%. Final ReviewScale data can be exported in excel sheet format.
In the case that the admin finds it difficult to judge between important factors, there is a way to optimize weights. Optimize weight allows the administrator to do a simple pairwise comparison between two factors at a time.
When cost and value factor weights are reset, the initial slider position is set between two factors. The administrator can complete pairwise comparisons and save changes. This will automatically assign weights as per comparison inputs and help the administrator find out which factor is more important.
The Reviewscale dashboard also allows to take a look at the review in a Table View format.
Here is a screenshot of how the stats look in the Excel sheet format. This can be downloaded and used for review purposes.