How can I join a community?
Depending on your community you can either register via email or SSO. To register follow the below directions:
1) Type the URL of the community you are planning to join. You will see registration link above the login form.
2) Click on 'Register' to see the following pop up.
3) Upon completing the registration process, you will get the following screen.
4) Go to your inbox to verify your email address by clicking on the link within the verification email sent to you.
5) Clicking the link and inputting the verification code from your email will bring you inside your new IdeaScale account where you will set your password and then complete your community profile. Complete all required fields.
If you are already registered at one IdeaScale community and would like to contribute to another community, you can do so by following the given steps :
- Type the URL of the community you'd like to join.
- In the login form type in your credentials you used to register for your first IdeaScale community.
- Once logged in, click on "Join this Community" from the top bar as show below.
How can I submit an idea?
You can submit an idea by logging into the community and clicking on the Submit New Idea button on the right side of the homepage.
This will open up the Idea submission form to fill in the details. In case you would like to add few information later you could save it in draft mode. (Draft option will be available only if the administrator of the community has enabled it for the community.)
How can I vote on an idea?
In order to vote for an idea you need to login to the community using your email address & password. Once your are logged in simply click on up or down arrow button of the idea you would like to vote upon.
Note: In case the administrator of your community has disabled voting you will not be able to see these buttons.
How can I comment on an idea?
If you wish to comment on an idea, simply click on comment icon link below the idea description.
You will be taken to the idea detail page where you can see a comment field to enter text.
When there are too many comments for an idea, you have an option to sort the comments by 'Recent', 'Oldest' and 'Votes' which are votes of the comment.
Here is a short video explaining the comment sorting.
How can I see my activity within the community?
To see you community activity, select 'My Community Activity' from the dropdown on top right hand corner of your community. You will be taken to a new page where your activity details will be visible.
Here is a short video with an overview of some features a standard user will go through and functionality of the Ideascale platform.