Path: Community settings >> Member Management >> Member Profile Questions
This setting is part of the Basic setting.
- Label: Enter the label name
- Expected Response Type: Select the desired option from the following field types seen below.
Click here to know more about the response type
3. Show in Registration Form: Enabling this field, lets the Admin collect additional data about members, at the time of registration itself. The profile questions are displayed on the Registration Form. They are automatically marked as "Required" and hence when enabled the "Required" option is hidden from the Administrator.
When the "Show in Registration Form" is disabled the member profile questions are not displayed on the Registration form
4. Required: When the "Show in Registration Form" is disabled, this option is visible to the Administrators.
To make the Member profile questions mandatory for the users to complete, the Required field switch needs to be enabled.
When the "Show in Registration Form" setting is disabled and the Required field is enabled, the member profile questions are displayed to users for completion when they log in. The users are prevented from participating in the community unless the member profile questions are completed.
Disabling the "Required" option allows the users to skip filling in the additional information.
5. Private Field: Responses of the users can be kept confidential by marking the fields as "Private". Only Moderators can see the responses from the Moderator's dashboard or in the summary view.
Note: The moderators see the words "Private", in blue color, on all these Custom fields made Private thus making it easier to separate them from the non-private fields (the screenshot below, shows Function is a Private field)
6. Moderator's field: When enabled, then the normal users do not see the questions and thus are not prompted to fill in the information. Only Moderators are expected to input information in these fields. This overrides Private Fields.
7. Visible in Summary Views: When enabled, values of Member Profile questions will be displayed in the summary view of his profile as well as in the Idea details page.
The screenshot below shows the values of the Member profile questions in Idea Detail Page.
The screenshot below shows the values of the Member Profile question in the profile page of the member.
Users would be prompted to complete the member profile questions on logging in. It is compulsory for users to fill in all Member profile questions which are marked as "Required". Required fields are denoted by a red asterisk (*). The users would be prevented from participating in community activities until they complete the member profile questions. They would be prompted to complete the questions every time they log in.
Member profile questions that are not marked as "Required" will be displayed to the users only once - when they log in for the first time. They may choose to skip inputting data in these fields. These questions would not be visible to the users the next time they log in.
Member Profile questions that have already been answered by the members can be edited by them. All they would need is to click the link in 'Submitted by You' or click your name which shown in the leaderboard which will take them to their profile.
Member Profile Questions can be edited by the global moderators. The global moderators will find the option to edit the profile answers of the users from the Moderation Panel.
Path: Moderation >> All members > Edit Profile Questions
Values for Member profile questions can be populated at the time of bulk importing members.
Help article on bulk importing members: