Location: Community settings --> Member Management --> Member Profile Questions
- Label: Enter the label name
- Expected Response Type: Select the desired option from the following field types seen below
3. Show in Registration Form: Enabling this field, lets the Admin collect additional data about members, at the time of registration itself. The profile questions are displayed on the Registration Form. They are automatically marked as "Required" and hence when enabled the "Required" option is hidden from the Administrator .
When the "Show in Registration Form" is disabled the member profile questions are not displayed on Registration form
4. Required: When the "Show in Registration Form" is disabled, this option is visible to the Administrators
To make the Member profile questions mandatory for the users to complete, the Required field switch needs to be enabled .
When the "Show in Registration Form" setting is disabled and the Required field is enabled, the member profile questions are displayed to users for completion when they login . The users are prevented from participating in the community unless the member profile questions are completed .
Disabling the "Required" option allows the users to skip filling in the additional information.
5. Private Field: Responses of the users can be kept confidential by marking the fields as "Private". Only Moderators can see the responses from the Moderator's dashboard or in summary view.
Note: The moderators see the words "Private" , in blue color, on all these Custom fields made Private thus making it easier to separate them from the non-private fields (the screenshot below, shows Function is a Private field)
6. Moderator's field: When enabled, then the normal users do not see the questions and thus are not prompted to fill in the information. Only Moderators are expected to input information in these fields. This overrides Private Fields.
7. Visible in Summary Views: When enabled, values of Member Profile questions will be displayed in the summary view of his profile.
The screenshot below shows values of the Member profile questions "Function" and "Region"
Users would be prompted to complete the member profile questions on logging in .It is compulsory for users to fill in all Member profile questions which are marked as "Required". Required fields are denoted by a red asterisk (*). The users would be prevented from participating in the community activities till they complete the member profile questions .They would be prompted to complete the questions every time they login.
Member profile questions which are not marked as "Required" will be displayed to the users only once - when they log in for the first time. They may choose to skip inputting data in these fields. These questions would not be visible to the users the next time they login.
Member Profile Questions can be edited by the global moderators. The global moderators will find the option to edit the profile answers of the users from Moderation Panel.
Path: Moderation >> All members > Edit Profile Questions
Values for Member profile questions can be populated at the time of bulk importing members.
Help article on bulk importing members: