Path: Community Settings >> Workflow >> Idea Owners and Teams >> Idea Owners
Idea owners are those who are assigned to partly manage selective ideas that are assigned to them by the community administrator. Multiple owners can be assigned to a single idea. This section is a part of Advanced settings.
Simply toggle the switch to access it.
Idea Ownership Setup
Turn ON Idea Ownership and you will be able to see the following option to choose
1. Eligible Idea Owners: This will display the list of groups in the community you could choose from or have all the community members selected from the dropdown to be eligible or assigned as Idea Owners.
2. Assign Idea Author as Owner: The administrator may choose to assign Idea submitter as the owner of the submitted idea automatically once it is submitted. In case there is a co-submitter they too will be assigned as an owner.
3. Multiple Ownership: Turning ON this option allows the administrator to assign multiple idea owners to a single idea.
4. Allow Idea Owners moderation rights over idea teams: Enabling this setting, Idea owner can Assign/Unassign or Add/Remove member in build team stage.
Assigning Idea Owners to Ideas
When the idea author is not chosen to be the default idea owner, administrators or moderators can assign idea owners to an idea from the home page. They can see a clipboard icon under the description of an idea.
Simply type in the first two characters of the member you would like to assign as Idea Owner and select the names. The moderators can also add a message for them if desired.
The assigned idea owners receive an email stating that he/she has been assigned as an owner of the idea. It also includes the assignment message.
My Owned Ideas Tab
To make it simpler for the idea owners to manage their assigned ideas, the administrator may choose to turn ON My tab which shows the list of member's assignments. To learn about Tabs settings check help article: https://intercom.help/ideascale/en/articles/683000-tabs-settings
If the administrator has enabled this setting, members who are assigned as idea owners will see the ideas they own under the tab My Ideas >> My owned Ideas as shown below. The ideas are displayed as per the dates they were submitted.
Idea Owner Privileges
The assigned idea owners has the right to change stages and edit the ideas to which they are assigned. Though they do not have any other moderation privileges in the community.
Idea owners can change the stages of their assigned ideas from homepage as well as idea detail page.
Below are the images of how it appears to them on each of these sections:
1. Homepage (Grid view): Clicking on the Moderate Idea (Hammer sign) will show the stages which the idea can be assigned to by idea owner.
2. Homepage (List view):
3. Idea detail page:
Please Note: Idea Owners are allowed to edit ideas in specified stages where they are permitted to operate using the Edit option from the dropdown of 'Moderate Idea' in the Home page (List or Grid) view.On Idea Details page, the edit option (pencil icon) will appear besides Moderate idea (hammer icon). Screenshot is added here as a reference.
Changing the Idea Owner
Moderator of the community can change the idea owner from 3 places:
From the homepage grid view
Click on the 'More' option (3 dots). The dropdown will show Change owner option.
From the homepage list view:
The clipboard icon
From the Idea Detail Page:
The clipboard icon
Please Note: The members assigned as Idea Owners automatically become the Followers of the idea, even though they have not voluntarily clicked on the "Follow" idea button.
Clicking on the Owner Group link on the idea detail page shows the list of selected Idea Owners and the Assignment message
Assigned Idea Owners can change idea status to the desired level as set by the administrator.
In a community where moderation is set for new ideas, the Idea Owners do not have the right to change the status from Pending Approval as they have to wait for the Moderators Approval before the idea becomes available to them.
Please Note :- If the Idea Owner also happens to a Global moderator or a Campaign Moderator , he gets all the default Moderation rights.