CONSULTATION SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
1. Eligibility. The IdeaScale Consultation Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who have access to the internet prior to learning of this Sweepstakes. Employees of Sponsor and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their Immediate Family Members (regardless of where they reside) or Household Members, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean spouses, parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, and their respective spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year.
2. Sponsor. IdeaScale, a California corporation with its principle office located at 2120 University Street, Berkeley, CA (“Sponsor”) is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes.
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins at 5:00 PM Pacific Time, July 22, 2016, and ends at 5:00 PM Pacific Time, August 22, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Entries must be electronically submitted and received by 5:00 PM Pacific Time on August 22, 2016. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit http://www2.ideascale.com/innoconsult and follow the instructions provided to submit a completed online entry form to receive one (1) entry. There is no cost to enter. All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. Limit. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void those entries and you may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or practices, or by any means that subvert the registration process will be void.
7. Winner Selection and Notification. On or about August 22, 2016 (“Drawing Date”), at 2120 University Street, Berkeley, CA, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to select one (1) potential winner. The potential winner will be notified by email within seven (7) days after the drawing. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. The prize will be fulfilled approximately one (1) week after the conclusion of the Drawing Date.
8. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
9. Prizes. A total of one (1) one-hour innovation consultation session, having the approximate retail value of four hundred U.S. dollars (US$400), will be awarded. The prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified in these Official Rules as being provided.
11. Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information, opinions, and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
12. Release of liability. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to release Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
Without limiting the foregoing paragraph, Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, undelivered, garbled or misdirected entries, surveys or registrations; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or surveys, the announcement of the prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website.
13. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or modify this Sweepstakes if the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, technical corruption, non-authorized human intervention, or any other causes which, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, proper play or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation or termination, Sponsor reserves the right to select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to date of cancellation or termination.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Disputes. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THESE OFFICAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT REGARD TO THE CONFLICT OF LAW PROVISIONS THEREOF. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. THE ARBITRATION SHALL TAKE PLACE IN SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. WITH RESPECT TO ALL DISPUTES ARISING IN RELATION TO THIS AGREEMENT, BUT SUBJECT TO THE PRECEDING ARBITRATION PROVISION, THE PARTIES CONSENT TO EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
15. Winner List. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Sweepstakes Drawing Date and no later than sixty (60) days after the Drawing Date. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: Consultation Sweepstakes, Winner List” to [email protected].