Path: Personal Settings >> Email, Services, and Devices >> Add email address
This feature is helpful in a scenario where administrator rights have to be changed from person to person so that the account remains active or there is any update is user's email address for some reason.
Add a new email address using Add email address link. Enter the email address and click on Add Email button.
The new email address will receive a verification email in its inbox which needs to be verified.
The 'Make Primary' option will now be visible in Email, Services and Devices section.
The new email address is changed to the primary email address:
It is also possible to change the primary email address to an email address that is verified and registered with us, but in such a scenario the primary email address holder will have to claim the email address which they would now like to make as primary.
1. Using Add email address link, add the email address and click on Add email button.
2. User will receive a message asking to claim the email address. Click on the Click here link to proceed. The message shown below will be displayed:
3. Verification code sent to the email: The newly added email address will receive 'Email claim verification code' to claim the email address.
4. After clicking on the Verify my email link, the user will be asked to enter the verification code for proceeding ahead.
5. The user will be logged in to the community and will be able to see both email addresses in Personal Settings >> Email, Services and Devices.
6. Use the link Make Primary to change the email address to the new one.
7. The new email address will be shown as Primary.
You would be able to add a non-whitelisted email address, however, when you try changing the primary email address to the non-whitelisted one it will give you a warning message stating it cannot be added as primary.