Path: Community settings >> Workflow >> Survey Tools >> Member Poll
1) Click on New Poll Button.
2) Fill in the Basic info fields. Title, Start Date, End Date and Enable the New Poll and click on Next button to Add Questions to the Poll . This allows multiple Polls to be concurrently enabled.
3) Add Question. From the dropdown menu choose the Answer Type . Enter the Answers . Once the Answers are added, Click on Next to proceed adding members.
Please Note: The poll has only 1 question. Additional questions cannot be created.
Single-Selection - Allows the users to only choose the answer from the displayed options.
4) Assign Poll to Selected Groups or Selected Members, who would be able to see this Poll on their community.
Choose the Selected Groups option to assign a Poll to members of a single group or to members of multiple roles.
Administrators can selectively choose who should receive poll. This allows them to select using Groups, Custom Fields or via picklist.
The users will be able to see the alert to take poll under Action items icon
Editing the Poll Questions
The poll question and answer can be edited till no one has answered it though the answer type cannot be changed. Once the poll is voted even by a single user, the question and answers fields will be greyed out.
To see the result, click on the Manage option besides the poll. Under the Edit Poll page, View Results tab will be visible. By clicking on it the administrator can not only see the members' response to the poll in statistical format but can also see the member participation. Poll data in Excel Format will be available as well for export.
1. View Results: The Admin can see the response of the members in a statistical format.
Statistics: This shows the number of votes received for the poll answers in percentage.
Members Participated: This shows the members who participated in the Poll, who are yet to participate in the poll and the Activity of the participated members.
Excel Export: The admin can export poll data in excel format which will show all the details for member answers. The excel contains 2 sheets:
1. Stats: This sheet has an answer option and votes per answer option.
2. Voters: This sheet contains voter email addresses, voting date/ time, and selected answer option.