There are to ways to ban a member from the community. One is from the homepage itself and another is from Community Settings (Back-end).
To ban member from back-end:
1) Go to Community Settings>>Member Management
2) Click on 'Ban this member' given in front of the email address of the member who you want to ban on which you will be directed to a page.
3) While banning a member you have 3 options
- Ban - This option will ban selected members from your community but keep all their personal data, ideas, and comments in the system. This option can be reversed.
- Forget Member - This will remove all selected members' personal data from the system but keep their ideas and comments. This option is not reversible. (Use with caution.)
- Forget Member and Submissions - This will remove all selected members' personal data, ideas, and comments from the system. This option is not reversible. (Use with caution.)
4) Type 'BAN' and complete the process by clicking on 'Confirm'
The Banned member will not be able to visit or participate in the community till he is set as 'Approved member' again by the administrator.
Please Note: 'Forget Member and Submissions' cannot be undone and all the data of the member will be permanently deleted.
To ban member from Homepage :
1) Click on the idea title of the Idea submitter to open the idea detail page.
2) Click on 'Ban Member' option.
3) A pop up will appear to confirm the banning process.
Who Can Ban A Member
Only the administrator of the community can ban a member from the community.
Can A Banned Member be Unbanned or Re-invited?
Yes, to re-invite the banned member simply 'Un-ban' the member by following the given steps:
1) Go to Community Settings >>Member Management >> Search/Filter Members
2) Select 'Banned' from the drop down menu or 'Membership' and click 'Search'. A list of all banned members will be populated.
3) Click on the email address of the banned member which will direct to another page.
4) Change the 'Membership' from 'Banned' to 'Approved member' and 'Save changes'. The member will be able to participate in the community activity again.